The Accounting Supervisor will provide support to the finance team to ensure complete and compliant financial accounts are prepared each month within the published time table. The supervisor will perform and supervise the month end close activities which include manufacturing variance analysis, purchase price variance, plant spend and inventory reports. The role will also perform monthly inventory account reconciliations and review production and inventory transactions.
- Responsible for the oversight and support of all job duties for one Cost Accountant and one Fixed Asset Accountant, who report directly to this position.
- The position will review monthly plant spending and issue weekly/monthly reports as well as prepare monthly forecasts. The role will also perform cost analysis, inventory analysis and inventory reporting.
- Annually the supervisor will perform standard cost rolls at the end of the year, perform monthly FCA calculation (overhead absorption) and reconcile physical count results with the Inventory Coordinator as well as participate in the yearly budget process.
- Audit - Support the process in fulfilling all quarterly and annual audit requirements, including the preparation and review of all PBC schedules.
- SOX - Support the process by maintaining internal controls as required by SOX.
- Review physical inventory results at site locations and periodic inventory adjustments.
- Monthly review of inbound freight costs and variances.
- Provide a high level of internal customer service to ensure other departments / areas of the business receive the information they require.
- Candidate must be flexible to complete other assignments as required by Management.
- Essential functions require the presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objections.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Venator company goals.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
Venator is a leading chemical company focused on the development and manufacture of titanium dioxide pigments and performance additives that improve the quality of life for consumers everywhere. It has the broadest product portfolio in the industry and has built up its leading position in speciality titanium dioxide pigments and differentiated performance additives over many years by satisfying the exacting standards of its customers.
Venator’s products are used as intelligent ingredients in thousands of everyday items including paints, plastics, cosmetics, paper, pharmaceuticals, inks, catalysts, concrete, building materials and in water purification. Its skilled team of world class experts provide dedicated advice and technical expertise to support its unrivalled product portfolio.
Venator employs over 4,500 associates, has a global network of 27 sites and 2016 revenues
in excess of [$2bn].