A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: The Collections Specialist is responsible for collecting accounts receivable for Bureau Veritas North America. The collection process consists of making phone calls, sending emails and faxes to customers, and working with personnel in various departments within the company.
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include making collection calls and sending correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department
- Providing customer service while addressing collection issues, facilitating customer refunds, and account adjustments, resolving client discrepancies and short payments
- Responsible for monitoring and managing all accounts in assigned portfolio
- Accountable for reducing delinquency of accounts in assigned portfolio
- Must work all accounts as described in collection calendar or Get Paid collection strategy
- Enlist the efforts of Operations and Senior Management when necessary
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all internal and external customers
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the collection department goals and initiatives
- Performance is measured by direct impact on cash flow, DSO, and CIDS, as well as being a good employee (no documented disciplinary issues)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- High volume phone calls to delinquent customers in assigned portfolio
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent, friendly customer service to all internal and external customers
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics