Job number USA00890
The EHS Specialist is responsible for overseeing day-to-day safety and environmental programs involved with the management, use and disposal of hazardous materials and chemicals, and ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
• Conducts site safety inspections and daily walk-throughs.
• Leads safety meeting to provide training regarding new products, D.O.T. regulations, etc.
• Trains new hires on safety and environmental issues.
• May provide development for the company in EHS training programs.
• Conducts weekly waste inspections.
• Responsible for the disposal of waste streams in compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Completes annual state reporting requirements/emissions monitoring.
• Takes monthly and weekly water samples.
• Conducts fire safety inspections and provides fire safety training.
• Purchases safety equipment.
• Ensures that safety and environmental rules and regulations are adhered to.
• May ensure standards and controls, and policies and procedures are identified for regulation compliance.
• May coordinate with government agencies for arbitrations, inspections, regulations, etc.
• Advises managers regarding safety compliance and environmental issues.
• Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
• May perform technical work in the operation of wastewater treatment plant, ensuring that it operates within applicable regulations.
• May identify and outline existing or potential risks and recommend/monitor preventative/corrective action plans.
• May perform preventive maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment equipment, reading various gauges and meters, collecting lab samples, performing and recording required analysis and tests.
• May lead the Safety Team to review, analyze and interpret safety incidents and measurements.
• May review investigation reports to assess risks and ensure corrective action.
• May assist Human Resources with management of workers’ compensation claims.
Performs other duties as assigned.
View the full job listing and apply on our website.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.