The Electrician must ensure the continual functioning of all the electrical tools and equipment on board the drilling rig including, but not limited to, the kitchen equipment, heating and air condition equipment, washer and dryers, etc. to minimize the downtime of the rig. The Electrician will ensure regular preventative maintenance activities and special projects are completed as well as unscheduled maintenance and repairs involving the electrical lights and alarms, various electrical components and systems of motors, engines, generators and electrical tools are performed in a timely manner.
• The Electrician will ensure regular preventative maintenance activities are completed to the electrical systems throughout the rig.
• The Electrician maybe called upon to assist the Mechanic or Motorman with preventative maintenance duties on motors and generators.
• The Electrician is also responsible for the repair and maintenance of deck equipment, drilling equipment, engine room equipment, living quarter’s equipment, lighting and navigational systems.
• Cleans, inspects, tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs AC/DC motors and control circuits.
• Performs required planned and preventative maintenance and rotation of motors.
• Maintains, services, troubleshoots, and repairs the crane control system, brakes, motors, and electrical systems in addition to performing all planned and preventative maintenance on the crane control system.
• Tests and calibrates alarm systems and sensors, and maintains, services, troubleshoots, and repairs alarm and communication systems.
• Performs all planned end preventative maintenance.
• Maintains, services, troubleshoots, and repairs refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, in addition to performing all planned and preventative maintenance.