Primarily responsible for leading the freight team and provides leadership, planning, and direction during sales floor merchandising preparation, truck unload, stocking, ticketing, and backroom organization processes in the store. Works side by side with the freight team, but maintains accountability for truck unload, freight-processing, merchandising metrics and presentation standards in the store.
Leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the sales floor, when serving as the Manager on Duty. Occasionally required to run a cash register, perform customer service on the sales floor, or assist with recovery as needed. Works collaboratively with store leadership to accomplish store merchandising goals and tasks.
- Plans and leads preparation for new merchandise on the sales floor, truck unload, freight flow, display assembly, ticketing, and stocking tasks for the freight team.
- Provides clear work direction, training, and coaching to freight team members regarding freight flow process and furniture assembly.
- Analyzes and evaluates staffing and scheduling needs for all freight flow processes based on projected carton counts and payroll allocation on a weekly basis.
- Tracks, calculates, and reports freight productivity metrics within the store on a weekly basis.
- Provides feedback to store leadership regarding the team’s performance and ability to meet freight metrics.
- Responsible for stockroom organization and cleanliness, including back stock control.
Prepares for upcoming merchandising efforts and reconciles all inventory transactions, in conjunction with store merchandising leadership.
Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.