Performs general store operations duties, including merchandising, selling, cashiering, product assembly, inventory control, freight processing and stockroom organization, with a strong focus on driving sales.
- In conjunction with the Store Manager, responsible for the operational performance of the furniture department, including cashiering, service desk, shrink control, store paperwork, merchandise adjacencies presentation, ad signing, special promotions, freight processing and inventory control.
- Assists customers with product information, selection and purchase. Offers solutions for out of stock items and priceholds.
- Manages the pricehold process.
- Maintains department inventory, including cycle counts, in an effort to maximize sales and inventory turn.
- Ensures third party delivery program is marketed to customers and understood by store associates.
- Assists in control of shrink and safety results.
- Assists in training department and store personnel in furniture functions, including sales and customer service techniques.
- Ensures the appearance of the store's interior and exterior are maintained to standards.
- Assumes responsibility of total store operation when acting as manager on duty.