WHO YOU ARE: Friendly. Creative. Eagle-eyed. Hungry. You make things happen, and you make ’em count. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, but your standards are spotless, because where and how you work reflects who you are and what you believe in. You get the big picture, realizing it’s always rooted in serving up an authentic Texas experience, one plate at a time.
The Kitchen team members work under the direction of a senior member of the kitchen staff and/or Kitchen Manager while learning the skills essential to becoming a cook or chef through on the job training. He or she acts as an assistant or apprentice and helps prepare items such as chopping vegetables, making salads, and assembling entrees. In addition, the Kitchen team members help with other tasks, including storage of leftover food, washing dishes, cleaning, and emptying trash.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma. Prior relevant experience and familiarity with basic cooking supplies and equipment is preferred. He or she must be committed to the customers, reliable to his or her co-workers, and be a self-motivated, organized, and detailed individual. Fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
• Performs light food preparation duties including bread, salad, appetizers, and dessert
• Preps food for cooking, including washing and chopping vegetables, etc.
• Ensures a proper supply of clean pots, pans, and cooking/serving utensils are available for kitchen staff
• Ensures a proper supply of clean dishware, utensils, and glassware to stock the dining areas and set tables
• Cleans work areas and all equipment used in food preparation
• Cleans floors and removes trash
Oh yeah, don't forget the "extras" - we have those too. We offer great benefits! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Advancement Opportunities
• Critical Illness
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Sick Time
• Team Member Recognition
• Training and Professional Development Opportunities
• Voluntary Supplemental Life
Goode Company Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer, so if you've got the qualifications, desire to work hard, and help our business grow - we want you!