Performs maintenance and repair functions at all METRO facilities. Performs preventive maintenance inspections and diagnoses problems. Performs general repairs to property and equipment. Assists licensed mechanics with electrical, plumbing and mechanical system repairs at METRO's facilities, amenities, and other properties. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Maintains METRO Facility by repairing, fabricating, installing, painting, striping lots and other related maintenance work as required.
- Assess METRO Facility via visual inspections, for damage and hazardous conditions.
- Operates air compressor, power saw, mower, electrical generator, drill press, sander, oxygen and acetylene welding equipment. Able to handle heavy equipment such as air jacks and other related equipment required to complete work assigns.
- Repairs, replaces installs and maintains all building structures using basic mechanic skills.
- Assist Licensed Mechanics with diagnosis of mechanical, electrical and plumbing malfunctions and assists with repairs.
- Performs welding or assist as necessary, electric and acetylene, including fabrication when required at METRO Facility.
- Hand and spray paint building structures, parking lot striping and maintenance bay striping.
- Cuts weeds, bushes, branches, fills in holes and removes hazardous objects at METRO site.
- Assembles, installs and removes signs.
- Performs maintenance as required; fills potholes, spreads asphalt, concrete, crushed rock, etc.
- Maintains and repairs all air compressors including portable and stationary shop compressors.
- Repairs and maintains METRO property fences.
- Moves, erects machinery, storage cabinets, bins, worktables, vises, benches, etc.
- Moves furniture and/or equipment in the performance of job assignment.
- Keeps work area stocked with supplies/materials for performing job.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance on all METRO owned tools and equipment.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Must be available for emergencies, required overtime, varied work schedules and shifts.
Benefits of Working at Metro
– Retirement Plan and Savings Plan
– Competitive Pay
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
– Life Insurance
– Education Assistance (Non-Union)
– Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
– Employee Assistance Program
– Wellness Program
– Advancement Opportunities
– Free Transportation for Employees and Spouses
– Bilingual Incentive Pay for Bus Operators
METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer