Responsible for the collection of delinquent accounts including monitoring accounts, preparing and reviewing reports, and contacting customers by email, phone or letter. Perform a variety of research, calculations, balancing, and other duties pertaining to the review, adjustment and verification of customer bills and customer records. Perform collection duties for delinquent accounts (primarily residential) including calling delinquent customers, reviewing accounts for referral to collection agencies and referring accounts that need to be disconnected for non-payment, if applicable.
- Monitor past due and bad debt reports. Analyze account information to determine what action should be taken.
- Provide research on customer accounts to other work groups or customers.
- Determine appropriate action for returned ACH or declined credit cards. This includes making phone calls, sending emails or letters and providing timely monthly report to management.
- Contact customer to collect delinquent amounts, making payment arrangements as necessary.
- Attempt to collect potential write-off revenue through various methods. This will be accomplished by emails, telephone calls, letters, skip tracing, etc.
- Handle escalated customer telephone calls. Provide resolution to these calls to prevent further escalation. Provide timely monthly resolution statistics to management.
- Process bankruptcy claims in a timely and efficient manner. Provide timely monthly report to management.
- Refer applicable accounts to the collection agency at the appropriate time. Provide timely monthly report to management.
- Assist with projects, committees, and testing of new initiatives/programs/rates, or other special assignments.
- Perform other functions as assigned.