The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of all marketing activities to promote the Lone Star Flight Museum (LSFM). The VP's charge will be to maximize the marketing to drive admissions to the museum and to turn visitors and enthusiasts into LSFM members. This VP will report to the CEO and work with the museum leadership, Board of Directors, staff and volunteers to ensure a strong and consistent and impactful marketing effort
LSFM opened at Ellington Airport in September 2017. The museum serves to fulfill its mission to celebrate flight and achievements in Texas aviation in an inspiring educational environment that meets the needs of students and visitors of all ages. Emphasizing the role of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), LSFM’s vision is to be a dynamic educational museum reaching the youth of Texas as a destination experience of choice.
Marketing and Sales
- Create and activate a clear media strategy to build awareness of the museum, its collection, and education programs to increase general admissions.
- Establish and promote the brand identity through print communications, publications, electronic media, digital media, media relations and public events.
- Plan, manage and execute branding, market research, media planning, market segmentation, targeting and pricing strategies.
- Plan, purchase, and schedule print, television, radio, outdoor, and digital advertising.
- Develop and manage all creative materials including graphic elements, print, collateral, and electronic advertising.
- Develop and manage all digital marketing and content development for website and social media channels.
- Maintains records, builds metrics and provide reports around awareness, attendance, sales goals.
- Manage membership program including renewal, acquisition, and retention initiatives.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with local and regional community members, businesses and organizations to drive awareness and potential revenue.
- Determine, secure, and manage relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Manage all PR and press relations.
- Work as part of Senior Management Team to activate on short and long-term strategic issues.
- Work with the COO to ensure public facing employees (Admissions, Gift Shop, Education and Volunteers) are educated to all public promotions, events and pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Board of Directors to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s vision and direction.
Strategic Plan and Budget
- Develop and manage an annual strategic plan and recommend an annual marketing budget and manage costs according to the approved budget.
- Supervise, motivate and support a strategically focused marketing group. Conduct annual evaluations of all subordinate employees.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CEO
The Lone Star Flight Museum is an equal opportunity employer.