At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it
Position is responsible for providing day-to-day technical assistance and support related to operations of computer hardware, software, and network issues with high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or by delegating and coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff in support of 24/7 operations.
Provides first response to moderately complex technical support to customers through a variety of support channels, such as but not limited to telephone and email. Records inquiries, repair and service requests, resolves or directs request to appropriate technical area, tracks status and follows up to ensure client satisfaction. Escalates to or consults with senior staff when solution is unclear.
- Provides first and second level technical support to address and resolve issues related to computer hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides enhanced troubleshooting and escalates problems as appropriate, following department procedures.
- Enters and tracks status of issue tickets in ticketing system; updates customers on status of tickets.
- Gathers sufficient appropriate information from customers to ensure timely resolution of issues; searches for appropriate solutions when possible.
- Serves as a technical resource on desktop software applications such as but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio. Explains the technical complexities of software to users. Supports and coaches users.
- Documents resolutions to common issues and creates basic flow processes to improve efficiency in issues resolution.
- Documents, tracks and monitors all calls to ensure timely resolution and updates outgoing phone greeting.
- Provides assistance to ISD Desktop Field Support on rotating basis as requested.
- Acts as liaison with other groups within ISD to promote communication and disseminate knowledge to others on the team.
- Provides training for other Technical Support Specialist on existing and newly implemented systems; reviews and corrects support documentation for new systems to ensure accuracy of information.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competencies; and supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.