The Customer Contact Center is the go-to contact for customers who have questions about their travel, their MileagePlus accounts and more. This department also helps customers book and manage reservations.
Job overview and responsibilities
Individuals in this role provide leadership and administrative oversight for a team of Customer Care Specialists, IAM Representatives or Administrative employees who resolve and respond to customer service issues received via phone, email, mail, fax, social media avenues or via executives throughout the company. Through effective coaching, goal-setting, and facilitating a collaborative, team-based environment, Supervisors ensure that service levels, productivity, and quality goals are achieved. They will contribute to departmental planning, liaise with external personnel, execute departmental and corporate initiatives, and provide the tactical direction required to successfully manage day-to-day operations.
- Leadership: Directs team, ensuring responses satisfactorily address customer concerns, in a manner consistent with audit and regulatory requirements (including DOT, EU, and CTA mandates)
- Provides clear expectations, training and guidance
- Operations: Monitors team performance to ensure volumes and staffing ratios are properly allocated, compensation volumes are within an appropriate range, and stakeholding departments are involved when external support is required
- Strategic planning for Customer Care, including subject matter reinforcement, support for new regulations and corporate directives, proactive reporting of trends related to regulatory/legal/flight incident cases, and setting department goals
- Manages brick and mortar agents, as well as those working remote