SAP Business Analyst (SCM) - Demand & Supply Planning
Energy, Information Technology, Professional
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is typically within a specific business area. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
- Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
- Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects.
- Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
- Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results.
- Volunteers for community leadership roles. Supports the regional networks through leading activities, presenting topics, and coaching others.
- Coaches at least 1 Junior IT Business Analyst
- Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps.
- Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Participates in industry IT BA related activities such as IIBA webcasts and/or chapter meetings and applies learnings within Shell including sharing of learnings.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ IT Business Analyst experience.
- Proficiency in the Demand and Supply Planning in SAP preferred. Experience in Production
- Planning, Production Execution, Inventory Management, Quality Management, Material Master are pluses.
- Proven expertise in specific BA techniques, tools or business areas.
- Proficient in the majority of the BA knowledge areas and PBA Domains.
- Demonstrated understanding of political dynamics that may affect solution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialism of IT Business Analysis. Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Proven track record of having a prominent role in business partner meetings and opinions valued by business interface.
- Proven capability to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business) and to lead teams while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated concern and aptitude for considering the user’s perspective in IT development. and has a deep understanding of user aspects of interactive systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management.
- Experience in Global Working, Project Management, and Advanced Business Application
- Programming are preferred
- Working to achieve CBAP if preference to remain on IT BA career path is an advantage.
- CCBA or PMI - PBA certified preferred.
- Business Analysis Certification (or comparable) a plus