The Wholesale Parts Inventory Control Associate assures proper control of the parts inventory and related administrative functions.
Responsible for receiving and recording new parts inventory, maintaining parts databases and maintaining a safe and secure environment.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Maintains parts inventory by verifying supplies, placing orders when order-points are reached
- Stocks items by unpacking, arranging, and placing items in bins and on shelves, adjusting inventory system
- Receives returned items by inspecting items, re-packing and re-shelving items, returning damaged and unused parts to supplier
- Maintains safe and secure environment by following safety and security standards and procedures, complying with codes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, such as reading about new products
- Assist Parts Manager in processing weekly stock orders and place daily parts orders
- Ensure that credits are received for returned parts, remove returned parts from inventory after credits are received
- Provide necessary information to the Warranty Department to allow prompt filing of parts warranties
- Match purchase orders and invoices, approve, and forward to accounting office
- File company copies of parts counter invoices
- Assist in preparing for annual parts inventory