The Cashier is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project a positive representation.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
- Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Clear customer checkout lines quickly and efficiently.
- Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
- Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
- Assist in pricing, stocking, marking and bagging of merchandise.
- Follow all cash register transaction procedures.
- Responsible for balancing of register drawer.
- Adhere to any Store Support Center program or promotion that may require implementation at the cash registers.
- Participate in store and Cashier meetings.
Front End Appearance and Upkeep
- Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
- Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
- Ensure fresh ads are stocked in shopping carts at all times.
- Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
- Assist with decorating the front end according to the Store Support Center program.
- Call for cart pickups when necessary.
- Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.