Under limited supervision and on own initiative, performs standard and advanced secretarial and administrative duties, as well as independent project assignments, usually for a general manager, assistant superintendent, executive principal, or others at this level of management. Position requires a thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of the department and district policy and procedures.
- Provides support for general manager, assistant superintendent, executive principal etc. in the areas of correspondence, report preparation, public relations, managing calendars and scheduling meetings.
- Composes, edits, and distributes correspondence and departmental documentation.
- Researches and compiles data as required to prepare reports. Establishes and maintains department’s records and schedules in proper order.
- Works closely with the supervisor in developing and maintaining the department budget.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft or SAP for various reporting activities, requisitions, or work orders.
- Maintains and manages departmental records, including staff vacation and sick leave reports, status forms and other personnel reports.
- Coordinates with other administrative staff or serves as the lead administrative employee on projects or assignments.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.