Provides administrative/clerical support for the Principal in the areas of payroll, correspondence, report preparation, inventory management, budget maintenance, public relations, and information dissemination.
- Provides clerical support to the elementary school campus administrative staff (includes principals, assistant principals, etc.) Maintains campus payroll including: transmittals, time cards, substitute cards, overtime, extended leave time forms, vacation leave, absence records and paycheck distribution.
- Monitors, updates, and maintains appropriate records and documents relating to school budget including activity funds, ledger, inventory supplies, and repairs and budget reconciliations. May disburse funds, record financial transactions, and audit and balance student organization and other school fund accounts.
- Designs and maintains a computer database equivalent to the needs of the campus with respect to all elementary school staff and personnel personal data (in case of an emergency). Maintains calendar of appointments and school/district events. Assists with the preparation of material related to opening and closing of school.
- Makes arrangements to obtain associate teachers for absent teachers. Provides assistance to students, parents, teachers, and visitors. Writes permits for students, orders supplies for classroom teachers. Disseminates and maintains office supplies and materials.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and school related issues. Communicates with other building administrators and staff per principal directive. Coordinates office operations.
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refer the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.