High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum two (2) years of stable work experience.
Experience in building maintenance services preferred.
Valid Texas Drivers License required. Must obtain and maintain yard safety certification. Good (verbal and written) communication skills are essential. Able to complete/fill-out written reports, records and forms.
A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check is required prior to the placement of any individual in a position that requires the operation of a METRO revenue or non-revenue vehicle on behalf of METRO:
- The Disqualifying Criteria is as follows:
- Invalid, suspended, or revoked driver's license
- Conviction of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) within the preceding three (3) years
- 2 or more DUI or DWI convictions with no time limit.
- Any accumulation of suspensions of over 1 year in length within the last 3 years
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.