Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic, fibre, flexible, corrugated, and reconditioned containers, intermediate bulk containers, containerboard and packaging accessories, and provides filling, packaging and industrial packaging reconditioning services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the south eastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with more than 200 operating locations in more than 40 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Maintenance Electrical position within a manufacturing environment. Under general supervision, maintains, troubleshoots and services electrical and electronic systems, machinery, and controls. Support all production and physical plant equipment in the facility.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
Startup and shuts down equipment in accordance with operation’s requirements, company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Plan work procedures and determines replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service and replace electronic devices and systems.
- Dismantle, inspect and replace electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts
- Lays-out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring, and to include panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, and motors using appropriate tools and testing instruments
- Troubleshoot and repairs electric controls, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests.
- Calibrate testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working.
- Performs other duties as assigned.