Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in desktop support.
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office products, e-mail systems, printers and desktop applications.
- Proficient knowledge and hands on experience with an incident management system to track and resolve issues.
- A valid Texas Driver's license is required and must meet METRO's motor vehicle records requirements.
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly changing technologies. Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
- Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and detail oriented skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- CompTIA A+ Certification required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check to be cleared to work in a public safety environment with access to Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) data.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.