The Cloud Infrastructure Architect role on the Enterprise Architecture and Integration team is an exciting role which helps lead Phillips66’s technical and strategic direction. With ongoing programs and the drive to mature the Phillips66 digital footprint, there are abundant opportunities to lead changes.
This role will be one of several architects that will help research, define and implement tools, strategies and innovations in support of the digital transformation and long-term operational efficiencies.
You will have the opportunity to consult with numerous business and IT groups and projects on the design and implementation of key IT solutions. You will also have responsibility for oversight and guidance for the integrated design and collaborating with others to facilitate common approaches and optimized architectural synergies and standardization across projects.
The ideal candidate knows how to integrate systems, utilize various cloud providers to best leverage their capabilities to modernize applications and functions, and implement changes in a safe and efficient environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a breadth of experience, and sound analytical thinking are essential for success in this position. A strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes is also needed.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create and socialize strategies to reduce the level of human intervention required to operate, maintain and optimize processes and systems.
- Work with IT and project teams to identify and evaluate processes and systems to provide an efficient, working, and verified context for the digital transformation, including cloud architecture, security footprint, IT standards, and network and application design.
- Lead the adoption of new cloud based technologies to promote IT efficiency and promote the adoption of consumption based IT services.
- Reduce IT technical debt by promotion of best practices for sustainable IT system design.
- Continually improve the enterprise architecture by consulting with project architects, promoting innovative approaches, and sharing knowledge.
- Spearhead and host technology reviews with project teams to ensure alignment with technology strategies, consult/influence on innovation ideas, and ensure integration with other programs of work.
- Provide technical support (e.g., trouble-shooting, knowledge sharing on emerging architectures).
- Identifies automation opportunities where possible to minimize all human interventions, increase transaction speeds, and the flow of information.
- Maintain visibility across multiple workstreams/efforts, and facilitate communication and alignment across multiple working teams.
- Assure solutions are designed to meet or exceed audit requirements.
- Frequent travel to Bartlesville, Oklahoma to engage face-to-face with counterparts.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 7, 2018.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities