ACTAT- Heights Clinic
Provides oral and written translation of diverse patient care-related material.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Takes notes during patient interview, exams and meetings with health care provider.
- Records the use of interpreters during visits. Enters patient information and other patient records and documents into Allscripts and Care4 programs within institutional time requirements.
- Provides written translation of patient histories and other medical reports, patient education and instructional material, advance directives, medical documents and other institutional publications.
- Provides oral translation of discussions related to patient referral, new patient registration, financial evaluation, patient assessment, treatment planning, admissions, discharge, and other clinical and healthcare-related discussions.
- Interprets clinical, financial, psychosocial and ethical discussions related to patient care activities.
- Ensures external medical records are received prior to patient appointments.
- Partakes in the patient discharge process.
- Performs on-call translation duties requiring immediate response to electronic paging.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.