The Electrician will repair and maintain electrical components to include 480V/3ph voltage down to 24v. This will include lighting, starters, switches, electrical panels and any other associated electrical devices.
Individual must be knowledgeable of NEC codes, NFPA and OSHA standards.
Knowledgeable of Lock out / Tag out program and all applicable safety requirements related to electricity.
This individual may be required to assist other trades at times.
In the event of an emergency he/she may be called to support necessary tasks in association with that emergency.
The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Perform maintenance service or repairs of all electrical components. May be requested to assist in other skill areas.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
- May be required to assist with special events.
- May drive a cart or other vehicle.
- Assists other skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
- May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
- May coordinate work activities of Electrical Apprentices.
- May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- May orders replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- May be required to inventory equipment, parts and supplies.
- May repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned