- Overall responsibility for maintenance schedules and repairs.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance and machine improvement programs.
- Purchases parts, equipment, etc. and hires outside contractors (i.e. plumbers, electricians and other skilled trades) as needed.
- Assists with in-house design and fabrication of equipment.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, ensures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
- May install new equipment and train personnel on proper use.
- May instruct employees on safety and occupational hazard control procedures.
- May write specifications and obtain quotes for equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises the facility’s maintenance function. Develop and implement preventive maintenance and improvement programs. Responsible for and/or performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g. electrical and mechanical). Recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield. Evaluates equipment improvements and collected detailed data; analyzes data and reports results. Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance). Troubleshoots and diagnose difficult, infrequent problems with equipment. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and writes equipment maintenance procedures. May support or otherwise supervise the safety and environmental initiatives within the location. Partners with OpEx Core Team members on lean manufacturing projects and other initiatives.
Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. Diversity is an integral part of who we are at Greif. The law requires Greif to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination for both an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.