Provide excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; follow LBA standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Execute selling strategies to enhance the hotel revenue.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
Must be able to see and hear.
Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Greet and register guests, provide room assignments, maintain guest privacy, and accommodate special request when possible.
- Promote and sell services/amenities of the hotel.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations and providing recommendations for alternate same brand-type products.
- Be aware of potential sales leads and contacts thorough guest interaction. Report information to the appropriate individual.
- Keep housekeeping and other departments informed of any special requests, late check-outs, and special needs areas.
- Check all credit cards for validity before the end of the shift.
- Learn and utilize PMS.
- Ensure all cash, check and miscellaneous departments are in balance at shifts end.
- Assist in other areas: F & B, cleanliness of property wherever assistance is needed for guest satisfaction.
- Help maintain a clean and professional lobby, dining area; dusting vacuuming, cleaning tables, etc.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Report any unusual occurrences or request to the manager.
- Maintain certification from a responsible vendor training if alcohol is served.
Be flexible in regard to work schedule, understanding hospitality is a 24/7 industry and evenings/weekends may be required.
Utilize Service Recovery Log and other necessary communication logs from shift to shift.
Maintain stock/cleanliness in the market area.
Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is in a training capacity. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparations for further promotion. Once that is achieved, the individual may be considered for an AGM or GSM position should one become available.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.