IT FEELS GOOD HERE.
A feeling remarkably different than that of a chain or branded hotels.
Banquet Servers provide tableside, buffet or tray-passed service for the variety of special events held in the Hotel. It is a position that requires precision, attention to detail, teamwork, and attentiveness to guest needs. Banquet Servers must be willing to work on weekend day and evening events.
Some duties and responsibilities of the Banquet Server position include:
- Set tables or stations according to the BEO and Banquet Captain’s direction.
- Conduct quality check on linens, china/glass/silver while setting.
- Serve according to the function’s BEO, be attentive to guest needs at all times.
- Clear the course plates, prepare for next course, clear tables at designated time.
- Exercise service recovery when necessary, involve Captain if necessary.
- Follow Hotel’s Liquor Serving policies and procedures.
- Follow Hotel F&B sanitation standards for handling & serving food.
- Assist if necessary in breaking down the special event function.
The Magnolia Offerings:
We believe our career experience offers opportunities for professional success. We like to couple the professional success by offering benefits for personal enrichment such as:
- Medical, dental and vision health plans.
- 401k profit sharing plan.
- Paid vacation, paid holidays and paid birthday.
- Educational assistance program.
- Complimentary shift meal. Shoes for Crews.
- Kits for Kidz.
- A monthly $50 Metro Q Card.
Here is what Maria B. of the Houston Magnolia Hotel says about working as a Banquet Server: “I am a Banquet Server for the Magnolia Hotel for many years. As a server I have to be ahead of the game. I try to take care of the guests needs before they even have to ask for anything, such as a beverage refill I refill their drink before they have to ask. I do the best I can to keep the guests happy, that is what is most important to me.”