All positions require outstanding guest service skills.
Magnolia’s Desired Qualifications for the Sous Chef
Hotel culinary operations have many moving parts. The Sous chef must have the experience to understand what the parts are make sure they all function together to produce the quality product and guest satisfaction the Hotel seeks.
General desired qualifications for the Sous Chef may include:
- Three years Sous Chef (or higher) or Lead Cook experience in a full service restaurant and/or high volume banquet, production, or catering operation.
- Ability to train kitchen positions in all areas of operation.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills particularly in regards to training employees.
- Possess certification or be able to pass ServeSafe food sanitation course and train staff on the program.
- Ability to quickly assess productivity levels of the cook line, dish area and pantry personnel during any given preparation/plating/serving period.
- Experience using inventory or menu costing software.
Proof of work eligibility required upon hire date.
Magnolia Houston performs criminal background checks and is a drug free workplace.