All positions require outstanding guest service skills.
The Desired Qualifications for a Bartender include:
- Previous bartending experience in a full-service upscale lounge/club.
- Ability to provide prompt, courteous service and properly interact with a broad cross-section of guests.
- Ability to learn, apply and firmly enforce State liquor laws, as well as Hotel Beverage Polices.
- Broad knowledge, including brand knowledge, of liquors, spirits, beer and wine with ability to describe the top shelf liquors and wines to guests.
- Must be currently certified in State alcohol awareness program, for example TIPS, or possess the ability to pass company sponsored alcohol awareness class and apply methods learned to guest situations.
- Previous experience with restaurant or club point of sale systems, and previous cash handling experience.
- Ability to following portion pour procedures for all beverages served.
- Must be of legal age to pour, mix, and serve alcoholic beverages in the State in which the hotel does business.
- Physically able to change out 15 gallon beer kegs.
Proof of work eligibility required upon hire date.
Magnolia Houston performs criminal background checks and is a drug free workplace.