JOB SUMMARY: The team’s primary products include: An Enterprise Data Warehouse; business intelligence dashboards and reports used by thousands of teachers, principals and administrators; a ‘Power User’ Reporting Environment; and integrations to/from internal and external systems.
Responsible for facilitating business process, function and organization design, working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts. The role focuses primarily on business requirements, workflow and leveraging technology to enable or alter business processes or practices. Provide strategic consultation to assigned line-of-business (LOB) customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer requirements. Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Expected to know the business better than a normal business person since this position will be working across the business and have specialized analytical skills. Using business process engineering skills. expected to develop business requirements; do business analysis; understand and analyze the competitive situation; understand business practices and approaches; recommend business process changes; understand how to integrate systems and business possesses; drive their work into systems initiatives; lead system selection processes; understand business organization, politics and culture; manage change in the business resulting from IT applications; help users develop processes, procedures, and training; exercise any required project management. Develops and recommends solutions and strategies, based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure. Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
Use of this job family outside of centralized IT requires approval from the Chief Technology Information Officer.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with key stakeholders to develop and document business requirements/specifications.
- Conducts business analysis; reviews design documents, tests strategies, and tests cases to ensure alignment with requirements; understands educational business practices.
- Translates high-level business requirements into technical specifications.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources and works with stakeholders to reconcile conflicting information.
- Plans/executes unit, integration and acceptance testing.
- Identifies/evaluates potential risks and translates abstract or high-level information into actionable documentation.
- Conducts project management activities including business case development and organizational change management.
- Multi-tasks; productively and accurately contributes to multiple concurrent projects of varying scope and complexity with minimal supervision.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.