This position is responsible for oversight of all financial affairs of the Museum. This includes the management of all business processes and effective financial management of the Museum’s operating, capital and development budgets. Additionally, the CFO recommends and implements appropriate policies and internal control procedures to safeguard the Museum’s assets and works with the CEO and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to insure accountability and solvency.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Financial Reporting (general ledger, account reconciliations, internal reporting to management and Board of Directors, external reporting to public in accordance with GAAP)
- Cash Management, wire transfers, petty cash, deposits of receipts
- Tracking of restricted donations and proper expenditures against restricted grants
- Budgeting including coordination with Museum departments to compile annual budget; tracking budget/actual
- Provide periodic/timely financial analysis of museum activity to CEO and Board Chair and
- Audit and Finance Committee Chair
- Development, implementation and execution of internal control environment, fiscal policies and procedures
- Implementation of financial software and liaison with IT support Payroll and HR Support
- Payroll input and liaison with PEO
- Record and track vacation, sick leave
- Tax Compliance – Form 990, Sales tax reporting, response to donors’ Form 8283, Form 1099s
- Contract compliance as it relates to financial matters
- Compliance with 501(c)(3) rules and regulations
- Maintains corporate books and records as Board Secretary/Treasurer and liaise with the Board of Directors and Finance and audit committee as required
- Work as part of Senior Management Team to activate on short and long-term strategic issues
- Coordinate museum programs/operations departments (Admissions, Gift shop, Flight Operations.
- Education, Curator, Marketing, Facility rentals) to synchronize records and import data from Altru & Counterpoint systems which those departments control and generate data from program activities
- Coordinate with the Development team, supporting grant reporting for restricted contributions, stock donations sales, assistance with tax compliance for donations
- Ensure all relevant suspense and project dates are included on the master calendar
Strategic Plan and Budget
- Develop and execute an annual strategic plan.
- Develop and manage an annual department budget
- Conduct annual evaluations of subordinate employees
The Lone Star Flight Museum is an equal opportunity employer.