This position is part of the Operations team at the Battleground Manufacturing Complex. The primary function of the Digital System Specialist at BMC is the support of the Honeywell Distributed Control System. This support can be broken into the areas of hardware, system administration, software, documentation, project support, operations and plant maintenance.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Select, install, configure, upgrade, maintain, and perform troubleshooting diagnostics on all DCS hardware. This includes all electronic devices on the Honeywell Local Control Network (LCN), Universal Control Network (UCN), Data Hiway (HWY), and all associated Fiber Optic networks.
- Responsible for the Total Plant Network (TPN) Domain and all associated open architecture equipment such as servers and PCs. Responsibility including installation, maintenance and upgrade.
- Provide expertise to implement Serial Interfaces between the DCS and other equipment utilizing different communications standards or protocols.
- Responsible for the administration of the various control networks, including the configuration of the networks, point address assignments, performing system full backup and fast load as required, performance monitoring, operating system upgrades, and fault diagnosis and correction. Support is provided in transferring data to the business LAN which requires interfacing with Technical Computing and IT Specialists.
- Supports Process Control Engineers in point configuration as well as development and modification of operating schematics, alarm management, logic and control programs.
- Expected to support other software applications, such as PI and PHD, which work in conjunction with the Honeywell system in data collecting, point configuration, or viewing the various processes.
- Maintain all documentation of the DCS including network topographies, elevation and plot plans, power distribution, maintenance, spare parts usage, and system resources. Includes the implementation and maintenance of such application software as DOC 3000/4000.
- Support all phases of projects including equipment selection, installation, configuration, startup, checkout, and supervision of personnel contracted for specialized equipment installation.
- Responsible for identifying reliability issues and recommending solutions for system improvements.
- Routinely assist both operation and maintenance personnel in problem isolation and resolution. Provide appropriate training to operation and maintenance personnel on the Honeywell distributed control system and how the system interfaces with field instrumentation.
- Identify and drive process control improvements as well as leverage any third party technology suppliers.