Our Client is looking for a bright, energetic individual with the requisite skills set to join this fast-paced group of consulting engineers in the role of Structural Project Engineer. This individual will possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated Project Engineer who can serve clients on major projects throughout Texas and the United States. Primary responsibilities will be working with architects, developers, institutions, and contractors to design major projects such as airports, multi-family, health care facilities, higher education facilities and community projects. Great client service capability is a must. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness are pluses. In addition to the skills listed above, this individual will possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With some supervision, formulate design and/or analysis of structural framing systems and perform necessary calculations
- Responsible for adhering to project quality, budget and schedule
- Conduct field measuring and checking at construction site to verify existing conditions
- Markup construction documents with structural framing and other design information.
- Communicate with other disciplines to produce well-coordinated construction documents
- Review shop drawing submittals to assure design intent is met
- Maintain project file containing project calculations, correspondence, appropriate reference material, etc.
- Communicate scope changes to Senior Project Manager and CAD Manager
- Develops Excel spreadsheets for analysis as appropriate
- Use available structural computer programs to enhance productivity and verifies results with manual checks
- Versatile in performing design and/or analysis for steel, concrete, masonry, or wood framing systems
- Knowledge of building and design codes preferred
- Performs related duties as assigned