Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of family dynamics
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in problem solving techniques
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to travel and attend child and family visits as well as other work related appointments and meetings after 5pm.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis and work irregular hours.
- Ability to work in an emotion-filled environment and which may require conducting home visits in isolated or high crime areas and may involve exposure to substandard and unsanitary living conditions.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
This position requires use of the applicant's personal motor vehicle to complete job functions. Applicants for positions must have a reliable motor vehicle and acceptable driving record for the past five years, and a current, valid Texas driver's license appropriate for the vehicle and passenger or cargo load. Applicants must provide proof of driving record, insurance and license.