Vintage Park, Spring-Klein, Clearlake, Meyerland
Are you a talented leader with a caring heart? If you love kids and like the water, join Emler's team of directors and managers at our award-winning swim schools. We are seeking a fun, motivated Director-In-Training for a new Houston area swim school. This is an opportunity to love your job, and build a career creating exceptional experiences for customers and employees.
Emler is an industry leader whose Directors guide teams and are supported with excellent benefits. Our recent awards include Top 100 Places to Work in DFW, and Best Places to Work in Central Texas! The new Houston Director will train along side an experienced Emler Director. Leadership experience is required; aquatic experience desired, but not required.
The Director-In-Training (DIT), a creative team player who likes to work hard and have fun, uses a diverse set of leadership skills. The DIT is responsible for inspiring a high-performing team while honing skills to supervise and manage site activities and responsibilities. It's an active job where you’ll spend your days working both in and out of the pool, in constant interaction with children, families, and your fun, friendly coworkers.
Benefits of this full-time, salaried position include:
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Personal Leave)
- Performance-based commissions
- Swim Lesson and Swim Party employee discounts
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Discounted Rates on Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
- Hiring, coaching, leading and inspiring a team of aquatic staff (and assist in overseeing Customer Service staff)
- Driving exceptional customer experiences and satisfaction leading by example, working front-line and through team development
- Leading regular team meetings and managing employee engagement
- Mastering Emler's teaching curriculum and customer service processes
- Participating in continuous improvement and development activities
- Creating and managing semester schedules
- Performing daily operations (teaching swimming, deck management, engaging customers and converting inquirers into customers, etc)
- Creating a caring, fun, friendly and effective work environment
- Calmly, positively and proactively responding to challenges
We teach over 35,000 students a year the life-saving skills they need to stay safe in the water, using a time-tested curriculum that helps every swimmer gain confidence and achieve their goals. We are committed to our core values, to providing opportunities for growth and development, to saving lives, and to creating a work environment where you'll love your job!
"Swim up” your career ladder with Emler Swim School - a Texas Corporation making waves since 1975, providing "Safety…with a Splash of Love!"