Responsible for first line supervision of production employees (2 or more) in the safe, efficient, compliant and cost-effective lean manufacture of high-quality product at an industrial packaging plant. Ensures a safe, productive and efficient working environment while striving for continuous improvements in order to meet company objectives. In a large plant environment reports to a Superintendent. In a medium to small size plant reports directly to Plant Manager.
- Continuously improves the group’s performance by implementing lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and processes.
- Effectively implements new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria; runs shift meetings; confirms production progress; responds to delays; takes corrective actions; records KPI performance. Creates and implements group improvement plans.
- Ensures team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to the team and core Greif.
- Encourages joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development. Supports Greif mission, follows values of Greif and works to better Greif’s business as a whole.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.