- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or comparable combination of education and relative experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in networking, design & troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of network installation, troubleshooting and configuration;
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking and VoIP systems;
- Expert knowledge of network security, including Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls, NAC, and CISCO ACS;
- Expert knowledge of testing networking problems using various testing equipment, to include twisted pair scanners, fiber optic light meters, OTDRs, sniffers, digital multi-meters, tone generators, etc.
- Extensive experience with performing analytic services for end users and departments.
- Expert ability to apply technical understanding to technical solutions.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills, with good interpersonal and communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 2 or more certifications required: Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, CCIE, Palo Alto PCNSE.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.