Works closely with business unit staff in evaluating system upgrades/enhancements, appropriate technology solutions within the IT Strategic Plan guidelines, developing cost-benefit analyses, creating and managing project plans, making formal presentations, and documenting recommendations and findings to senior staff.
Assists in the preparation, review, consolidation and reporting of the IT operating and capital budgets and business plans.
Operates as in-house database SME, responsibilities include managing, planning, instructing and monitoring the work of IT and vendor personnel to meet project deadlines and the goals of METRO.
Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Provides primary managerial direction and performs personnel administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g. training, supervising, work assignments, timesheets, performance evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary department outcomes are achieved.
- Manages multiple, complex projects concurrently using in-house IT resources, business unit resources, and outside vendor and contract resources as required.
- Builds and manages effective partnerships with project sponsors to develop technology solutions that meet business unit strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
- Evaluates user requirements and the potential technology solutions to satisfy those requirements. Presents findings including cost-benefit analyses, life-cycle project costs, etc. to IT and business unit management for review.
- Manages and prepares detailed specifications and project plans to provide for system implementations/upgrades/enhancements; and ensures standard control procedures are followed.
- Tracks the status of multiple projects to ensure timely delivery and adherence to budget.
- Communicates progress on projects, resource utilization, adjustments to project plans, and resource availability to the project sponsor, business unit resources, and management.
- Ensures all recommended and implemented solutions are consistent with IT guidelines, procedures, Strategic Plan, goals, and objectives.
- Identifies and implements staff and business process improvements to meet the goals of both IT and METRO.
- Manages the system implementation/upgrades/enhancements, testing, and installation of technology solutions.
- Leads committees in collaboration with other business units to support IT's and METRO's strategic and tactical goals.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.