Pipefitter helper for 5 to 6 weeks located in North Houston. Must have clear background and able to pass a drug screen.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists skilled craftsmen in the performance of their craft duties by performing supportive type chores as directed by the craftsman.
- Primarily to assist the journeyman on all work activities.
- Assist in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity.
- Assist in layout and measuring of materials for installation.
- Setting up oxy/acty bottles, gauges, hoses, torch, etc. for fitter uses.
- Assisting with location of welding machines, pulling lead and grounds, moving welder tools into position to assist pipefitter.
- Prep fittings such as removing protective paint from weld surfaces prior to fit-up such as: tees, elbows, flanges, valves, etc.
- May be directed to thread piping ends for nipples or for running screwed piping.
- Install supports such as: u-bolts, clamps, spring hangers, angle iron, steel, etc. as directed by craftsman.
- May be required to assist in venting lines for hydro-testing. This could also include installation of blind flanges or slip blinds.
- May also assist other crafts when needed or as directed by supervision.
- Attend STEP meetings and supports company safety standards.
- Insure all necessary tools are retrieved from the tool room daily to support the days specific activity.
- 401K (After 6 months of employment with 365RSS)
- Minimal Essential Healthcare and Prescription Plan
- Short-Term Disability
365RSS is equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.