You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Baytown Ford, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. They also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to them.
TOP DOLLAR PAY! SIGN ON BONUS!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.