Occidental is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant in Houston, Texas.
The position will support a new business, Low Carbon Ventures, whose mission is to extend Occidental’s distinct competitive advantage in carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) and to explore other low carbon opportunities.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide high-level administrative support to VP of Low Carbon Ventures
- Manage meeting requests including creation/distribution of agenda, meeting logistics, reminders, consolidation of presentations, etc.
- Preparation of reports, presentation materials and spreadsheets for management or Oxy board meetings utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software and MindManager software
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Perform a full range of administrative duties including answering general phone calls, managing calendar/schedules, mail handling, coordinating travel arrangements (domestic & international), review/processing expense report statements
- Generate and compile data into Excel utilizing formulas and advanced tools to manipulate and display data
- Collaborate with various staff and departments to prepare special projects