- Graduate of accredited locksmith school or
- Journeymen locksmith with 3 years experience.
- School district, college or state buildings experience preferred.
- Best lock core system required
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver’s License; insurable by District’s insurance carrier
- Completion of apprenticeship or technical school program preferred
- Knowledge of communication equipment, personal computers and security software
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to flexible hours when required
- Ability to key and repair locks, exit devices, and door closures
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance
Key machine, computer, hand and power tools, ladders and step stools as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Physical Demands / Environmental Factors:
- Heavy lifting and carrying 50 pounds and more.
- Standing, walking, kneeling, repeated bending and reaching above shoulders
- Operation of a motor vehicle
- Outside and inside work, excessive humidity, exposure to dust
- Works around machinery and moving parts
- Works on ladders