IT FEELS GOOD HERE.
A feeling remarkably different than that of a chain or branded hotels.
Our Cooks work under the leadership and tutelage of award winning Executive Chefs. Cooks will prepare elegant special event banquet meals, creative ala carte and small plate dishes, and local specialties for breakfast, lunch and dinner periods.
Here is what Khalil A. from the St. Louis Magnolia Hotel says about being a Cook. “My. Experience at the Magnolia Hotel in St. Louis as an employee has been on eof the best opportunities I have had in career thus far. We have some of the best benefits I have experienced in the downtown area. The work environment has a family oriented feel even if there is a disagreement, the job gets accomplished and the issue always gets resolved in a timely manner. The most important characteristic to me is the amount of respect that everybody has for one another. It is surreal from the GM to Room Attendant; everybody is respectful toward one another.”
Some duties and responsibilities of the Cook include:
- Prep, cook, plate and present all dishes to the menu specifications.
- Your work is on display to the guests, give them your best on every order.
- Follow Serve Safe sanitation standards while performing your Cook’s duties.
- Communicate with kitchen management/staff and front of the house on menu items.
- No yelling at waiters, even if they deserve it!
- Safety first in the kitchen.
- Set it up, break it down, and keep it neat during your shift.
The Magnolia Offerings:
We believe our career experience offers opportunities for professional success. We like to couple the professional success by offering benefits for personal enrichment such as:
- Medical, dental and vision health plans.
- 401k profit sharing plan.
- Paid vacation, paid holidays and paid birthday.
- Educational assistance program.
- Complimentary shift meal.
- Shoes for Crews.
- Kits for Kidz.
- Free monthly $50 Metro q-card.