With general direction and working within established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, the Credit and Collections Specialist performs a wide variety of credit and collections functions and also is responsible for related activities.
- Receives and reviews information from credit reports and contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or customer credit applications are complete.
- Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the management team as appropriate for non-standard situations or situations in which request exceeds authority to approve.
- Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to higher levels. Where appropriate performs research to identify misapplied payments and resolve basic and moderately complex issues.
- On a regular basis, retrieves and reviews billing system reports to identify delinquent accounts.
- Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current status.
- Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in area of responsibility.
- Documents credit and collections activity for assigned accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and I snot to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.