Shift Description 8a-5p
We are searching for a Clinical Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll demonstrate theoretical and clinical expertise in the physical, psychosocial, developmental, and educational aspects of nursing care for specified patient populations and their families as outlined in the unit profiles.
The Clinical Specialist works interdependently with and independently of the multi-disciplinary team. Scope of practice will include practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, administrator, and change agent. The Clinical Specialist is dedicated to promoting optimal patient/family care with the ultimate goal of enhanced patient/family outcomes.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Serves as an advanced clinical practitioner
- Consults in areas of expertise
- Serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing to clinical practice
- Participates in the efforts of the Quality Outcomes Program and/or unit-based quality initiatives by coordinating, developing, implementing, and monitoring quality initiatives that promote clinical outcomes and demonstrate nursing excellence
- Supports and facilitates the attainment of institutional goals and strategic plan