Assist school nurse by assuming routine record-keeping activities, providing minor first aid care, and conducting health screenings at campus level. Work under the immediate guidance and direction of a licensed registered nurse.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out first aid and emergency procedures for ill and injured students as directed by school nurse.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures; maintain accurate log of medications dispensed.
- Assist with screening activities including measuring height and weight, testing vision and hearing, and examining spinal cord and scalp.
- Escort students to and from health room and assist students with disabilities as necessary.
- Use Universal Precautions Procedures when cleaning all body spills and providing wound care.
- Keep nurse's office clean and sanitary.
- Record information on student health records.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and records using personal computer or typewriter.
- Make appointments for and maintain schedule of the school nurse.
- Maintain a daily log of health office activities, including reportable accidents, communicable disease data, and referrals to school nurse.
- Maintain clinic supply inventory and request supplies as needed.
- Prepare and arrange bulletin boards, displays, models, etc.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Regular attendance