Responds to end-user issues and applies best practice troubleshooting principles and techniques to diagnose and resolve a variety of basic to moderately complex system problems on desktops, laptops, telephones, tablets, printers and other peripheral equipment. Establishes and follows operational standards and provides outstanding customer service to end users. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Provides desk-side, telephone and remote support for information technology (IT) products and services. Support may include equipment moves/adds/changes. Answers questions, troubleshoots problems, teaches/instructs customers regarding software or hardware functionality and communicates policy to all levels of the organization effectively, professionally and respectfully.
- Researches and troubleshoots to resolve technical issues in the most effective manner and verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolved users' problems through verbal or email follow-up.
- Reports significant or recurring issues to higher level support teams for further action.
- Utilizes IT Service Management System to accurately document issues, track and monitor assigned tasks and ensure a timely resolution. Updates support tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closes tickets with complete description of resolution.
- Installs software, patches, upgrades and performs proof-of-concept testing of new applications in coordination with other IT groups and provides end-user training.
- Coordinates with Infrastructure and Applications teams to ensure system changes are compatible with current image installations and production applications.
- Works closely with asset management function to ensure compliance with software licensing, IT asset, and inventory control.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.