The ideal candidate should have strong skills in the following:
- Trade School diploma/certification or equivalent years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
- Understanding of pressure and ability to service valves in a production environment.
- Familiar with NBIC, ANSI and ASME codes and their applications.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring schematics & IDs and the ability to read and interpret maintenance and repair manuals for use in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
- Operational experience in the oil and gas industry with respect to system operations and valves.
Additional mechanical skills including but not limited to machining and welding.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
Must be capable to work in conditions that are consistent with manufacturing and service organization consisting of work environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at a heavy industry facility. A variety of tools and processes will be encountered by the selected candidate and work will involve frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 80 lbs. Individual must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must pass an initial alcohol and drug test and adhere to all company policies including the Drug and Alcohol Policy for continued employment. Loose-fitting clothing and jewelry will not be permitted, and long hair must be tied back.