Estamos Solicitando - Now Hiring:
Flexo Printing Press Operator
- Will train and mentor print helpers to support growth within the plant.
- Complies with company policies and safety procedures.
- Must read job jacket carefully before set-up and run. Be familiarized with the required process and customer expectations per job.
- Responsible for conducting job changeovers efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Will assist with clean up between changeovers. Clean ink pans, strip plates from cylinders, wash-up, properly clean and store printing plates, clean sleeves, cylinders and anilox, etc..
- Will work overtime as needed and or assigned. Day, night and or weekend shifts as required.
- Continuously check quality of job during run. Making proper adjustments to ensure a quality product. Properly mounting photopolymer printing plates on a mounter and or in the press.
- Responsible for cleanliness of machinery and organization of the workspace. Light maintenance of machinery and troubleshooting problems is required as applicable.
- Experience in corona treating of plastic films
- 3 + years’ experience in Flexographic wide web press operation and inline gear driven presses.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision and oversea, train and direct print helpers.
- Must have good personal communication skills. Including reading, speaking and writing simple sentences. Basic math skills, including the ability to calculate sums, differences and percentages.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance. Positive attitude, a team player and safety oriented.
- Experience with solvent based inks, maintaining viscosity and matching pms colors.
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to run press and assist press set-up, clean up, safe lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs 20+ feet in distance regularly.
- Strong attention to detail and able to differentiate colors.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 12 hours/day). Must be able/willing to work overtime as required and tolerate a seasonally hot and cold work environment.
- Knowledge of web press controls such as web tension and guides, flying splices, turret unwind and rewind.
- Experience in corona treating of plastic films and printing on products such as LDPE, HDPE, BOPP and PET.
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Safety Oriented: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
Machine Operator - Film Dept - $13.00 an hour w/ 30/60/90 reviews Eligible for .50 up to 1.00 raises
This position will work in our Film Department and contribute to the success of producing quality products such as bags, plastic sheeting and construction film. We are looking for experienced operators, but will train the right individual with good work ethics, willing to step up to the challenge!
- Set up and operate heavy machinery to produce orders within specification
- Perform quality checks and examine product for defects (cuts, folds, seals, and perforations) to ensure customer satisfaction
- This position may require the operator to climb up to 6 flights of stairs to assist with the startup of machine after down time
- Unload and load materials by hand; handle and box finished rolls weighing 20-100 pounds
- Assist with mixing additives quality control and measurements
- General housekeeping of work and other areas as needed
- Many aspects of the work are repetitive and physically demanding such as standing for long
- periods of time, bending, pushing, and pulling
- 12 hour rotating shifts, 1 month days, 1 month nights
- Some overtime may be mandatory
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Prior industry experience preferred but not required, training is provided
- Non-smoking property
- Plastics industry a plus
- Proven experience as a Machine Operator (Will train the right person)
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (English literacy)
- Prior experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must be flexible (work days, nights and weekends as required)
- Must be able to tolerate seasonally hot and cold working environment
- Fork lift experience a plus
- Safety oriented
- Aptitude test required
- Other duties as assigned
Print Helper - $11.00 an hour w/ 30/60/90 reviews Eligible for .50 up to 1.00 raises
We are looking for an individual who is motivated and eager to learn. Good work ethic, takes initiative, able to work with little or no supervision with the understanding that their individual work will affect the whole team.
Helper Job Summary:
- Assist the Press Operator set up orders
- Willing to learn Press Operator functions
- Help maintain ink viscosity and change doctor blades
- Help check and maintain print quality
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly during a work shift
- General Housekeeping
- General preventative maintenance on machines (lubing, cleaning, etc.)
- Drive a forklift (willing to train)
- Properly fill out labels, production logs and palletize material
- Other duties as required
- Non smoking facility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to work 12 hour shifts
- Able to work a rotational schedule, days, nights and weekends
- Must be able to tolerate seasonally hot and cold work environment
- Safety oriented
- Basic math skills
- A good attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent