The foreman will actively participate in work on projects, supervise field employees and be responsible for the completion of all projects in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the highest quality of workmanship.
• Supervise all work activities by SpawGlass field employees and all specialty contractors
• Back-up superintendent as the OSHA “competent person” and articulate the relevant safety regulations for the work being performed
• Serve as a subject matter expert in field of work being completed to step in if needed or conduct training
• Know, comply with and be passionate about all SpawGlass safety rules/policies and OSHA regulations, including hazardous communications, fall protection plan, confined space program, etc.
• Model safe work practices, including wearing of all personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear
• Report all safety violations to superintendent
• Oversee field crew to ensure strict adherence to safety rules/regulations and correct methods are employed
• Under direction of superintendent, conduct daily/weekly “Tool Box Talks” on assigned subjects
• Together with the superintendent, recognize and correct any unsafe conditions that may exist or occur on the jobsite
• Assist with job site inspections
• Follow through with any directions for abatement of any noted unsafe condition or hazard; report any unabated unsafe condition to supervisor
• Together with the superintendent, look ahead, organize and coordinate work schedules of all specialty contractors on project
• In absence of superintendent, plan for job equipment, material and personnel requirements as far in advance as possible
• Attend any required meetings, including scheduled supervisory meetings and other company events/functions as assigned
• Attend all training classes and seminars as assigned
• Complete any necessary daily job logs
• Promote rapport and teamwork among field crew
• Know what to do if an OSHA inspector comes onsite
• Know what to do/not to say in the event of a crisis onsite
• Be professional to enhance the reputation of SpawGlass
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Job Functions:
• You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds and below ground in ditches, have no fear of confined space, see colors to read Hazcom labeling on containers, have depth perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sound of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger
• There is constant lifting of 10 pounds, frequent lifting of 25 pounds and maximum single person lifting of 60 pounds. For items over 60 pounds, assistance from co-worker is required. Lifting entails reaching at, above and below shoulder height.
• You must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment and carry and use hand tools.
• You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four-inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, fall protection, adequate ventilation, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer