We are seeking staff to help care for our growing Autumn Leaves family as we welcome many displaced memory care residents to our communities in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. If you are interested in joining our team, see our current open positions below and apply today!
The Caregiver is responsible for providing professional, compassionate, and quality care for all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s).
- Implements and supports resident care plan.
- Provides for the residents’ physical care including lifting, bathing, performing hygiene tasks, toileting, assisting with meals, and other tasks.
- Transfers residents in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, and/or automobiles.
- Changes bed linens, washes and irons resident’s laundry, and assists to maintain tidiness of residents’ bedrooms, closets, and dresser drawers.
- Facilitates and/or participates in resident group activities and resident care conferences.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Assists with resident room, bathroom, and common area cleanliness, overall facility, and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Maintains professional approach to responsibilities (uniform, start times, absenteeism, confidentiality, communication with residents, family members, other staff members and vendors, and daily work responsibilities).
- Promptly responds to all resident care needs.
- Supports new resident welcome and assimilation process.
- Monitors residents for changes in condition and reports changes to leadership, if delegated to do so by licensed nurse.
- Completes incident reports for any incidents occurred on assigned shift.
- Responds to all emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.